Private music lessons with a project specialization
Change the way you look at music lessons. Bach To Basics offers students the opportunity to work on exciting fun and career building projects in addition to regular music studies. Students learn their instrument with the goal of recording an album or completing a career project.
Recording projects: (all ages and skill levels)
- manage a recording project
- design an album cover
- write and record your own songs
- record songs from other song writers
Career projects: (more advanced students)
- learn to build an artist website
- release and distribute an album
- marketing and promoting
- managing your own music career and business
…..and much more depending on the students chosen project
In most cases projects are only limited by the students imagination. In other words if the student can imagine it, we can try it.
To learn more about the ways in which project based lessons can be combined with regular music lessons please visit my personal record label and project consulting education website Listening Edge Records.
Private music lessons with a music production specialization
Change the way you look at private music lessons. Bach To Basics offers students the opportunity to work on fun and exciting music production projects as either their main area of study, or in combination with their regular music lessons. Students learn their instrument with a focus on arranging and producing music projects on their computer.
Students will need the following:
- a computer with desktop speakers, laptop, or iPad with GarageBand
- computer software such as Logic or GarageBand
- (lessons using Reason, Studio One, and Cubase available soon)
- an audio interface if recording vocals or acoustic instruments
- MIDI or USB piano keyboard controller
What you’ll learn in music production lessons:
- to play the keyboard (excluding piano students)
- basic music theory and arranging
- recording various types of projects
- editing audio and MIDI
- mixing and mastering your project
- producing a final audio track for distribution
- designing a productive studio
- creating a critical listening environment
- available studio equipment and software
- practicing basic skills in recording, sequencing
- producing a finalized digital audio product
In most cases music production projects are only limited by the students imagination. In other words if the student can imagine it, we can try it. Those who are not currently piano students with Bach To Basics and who would like to register as music production students should contact Bach To Basics for more information.
To learn more about the ways in which music production can be combined with regular music lessons please visit my music production education website Illustrious Sound.
Bach To Basics specializes in providing classical music history lessons based on the curriculum prescribed by The Royal Conservatory of Music, and is able to prepare students for the written examinations of “The Royal Conservatory of Music” and “Conservatory Canada”.
Bach To Basics specializes in providing a wide range of beginner and advanced, classical and jazz theory and harmony lessons for students of all ages. Lessons are based on the curriculums prescribed by The Royal Conservatory of Music, Conservatory Canada, A.B.R.S.M.(Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music) and other classical and jazz instructional methodologies. Bach To Basics is able to prepare students for the written examinations of “The Royal Conservatory of Music” and “Conservatory Canada”.
While Bach To Basics specializes in providing beginner and advanced piano and theory lessons, those of it’s piano students who are interested in learning other instruments can receive supplemental beginner instruction on the drum set. These lessons are designed for the beginner drummer focusing on basic rudiments, music concepts, and reading music notation. In these lessons students work through a structured list of materials. Those who are not currently piano students with Bach To Basics and who would like to register as drum students should contact Bach To Basics for more information. Currently Bach To Basics does not prepare students for RCM exams in percussion.