Private music lessons with a music production specialization
Change the way you look at private music lessons. Bach To Basics offers students the opportunity to work on fun and exciting music production projects as either their main area of study, or in combination with their regular music lessons. Students learn their instrument with a focus on arranging and producing music projects on their computer.
Students will need the following:
- a computer with desktop speakers, laptop, or iPad with GarageBand
- computer software such as Logic or GarageBand
- (lessons using Reason, Studio One, and Cubase available soon)
- an audio interface if recording vocals or acoustic instruments
- MIDI or USB piano keyboard controller
What you’ll learn in music production lessons:
- to play the keyboard (excluding piano students)
- basic music theory and arranging
- recording various types of projects
- editing audio and MIDI
- mixing and mastering your project
- producing a final audio track for distribution
- designing a productive studio
- creating a critical listening environment
- available studio equipment and software
- practicing basic skills in recording, sequencing
- producing a finalized digital audio product
In most cases music production projects are only limited by the students imagination. In other words if the student can imagine it, we can try it. Those who are not currently piano students with Bach To Basics and who would like to register as music production students should contact Bach To Basics for more information.
To learn more about the ways in which music production can be combined with regular music lessons please visit my music production education website Illustrious Sound.