Change the way you look at private music lessons. Trevor Baron Music offers students the opportunity to work on fun and exciting composition projects as either their main area of study, or in combination with their regular music lessons. Students learn their instrument with a focus on composing, arranging, and orchestrating using music notation software such as Sibelius or Finale.
Students will need the following:
- a computer with desktop speakers or laptop
- computer software such as Sibelius or Finale
- (Optional) MIDI or USB piano keyboard controller for easy note entry
What you’ll learn in music theory lessons:
- Preparation for The Royal Conservatory of Music theory exams (optional)
- Introductory level music rudiments
- Intermediate music rudiments
- Advanced music rudiments
- Introductory music harmony
- Intermediate music harmony
- Advanced music harmony
- Music analysis
- ….and more
In most cases composing projects are only limited by the students imagination. In other words if the student can imagine it, we can try it.